Published on August 10th, 2018 | by Staples Soccer3
Returnees Return From 4 Days Of Rock Climbing, Other Adventures
The bonding trip for varsity returnees has become a great Staples soccer adventure.
This year’s 4-day trip featured:
- A fantastic house in Brownfield, Maine, with amazing views of the White Mountains
- A full day of rock climbing on a granite face in North Conway, New Hampshire — led by former head coach Jeff Lea
- Cliff jumping, and (on another day) a mile-long swim to an island
- A 3 1/2-mile training run
- 2 nights of outdoor grilling for dinner
- Campfires, around 2 excellent fire pits
- Plus much more.
Alumni chaperones Greg Bachman ’07 and Andres Marmelo ’15 added life and fun to the great experience. The Wreckers now get ready for the STA pre-season camp, and tryouts on August 23.