Published on August 11th, 2010 | by Staples Soccer0
Top Of The Hill Team Opens 2010 Membership Drive
Hot on the heels of its 12th state championship and 26th FCIAC crown, the Top of the Hill Team has opened a membership drive to help the program stay on top.
The goal: 100% participation by parents of all varsity, JV and freshman players, and all alumni who can contribute.
In just 2 years, the Top of the Hill Team — the boys soccer program’s booster club — has aided all 3 boys teams in many ways, beyond what the school athletic budget includes. The Top of the Hill Team has provided:
- Additional coaching resources
- New uniforms
- Facility improvements, including refurbishment of the kickboard and terrace benches at Loeffler Field
- High-definition video equipment, and a videographer to film, upload clips to YouTube, and provide players with highlights for college coaches
- Winter gym time at Bedford for all players
- Transportation to state tournament games for Staples Superfans, and JV and freshman players
- Emergency medical and safety equipment
- Donations to scholarship funds honoring members of the Staples soccer community
- Summer referees fees
“Additional resources provided by Top of the Hill Team members have contributed significantly to the success of our program, and the enhancement of the Staples soccer program for all our players, freshmen through seniors,” says president Wynne Bohonnon ’08.
“Participation by all parents and alumni is critical to Staples boys soccer’s success. Without contributions, we cannot continue to maintain — or grow — the critical resources we need, which the school budget simply can’t provide.”
For donor information — including thank-you gifts like shirts and hats — as well as a list of current members, click here and scroll down.